Online learning that is cost-effective and engaging (really!)
Online learning is a growing trend. The benefits are obvious:
- Learning available just-in-time, exactly when you need it
- Accessible online without any travel costs or hassle
- Cost-effective for training a large group of people
But here’s the key: The online learning modules must be interesting and engaging. Simply posting a PowerPoint deck online and calling it training does not fit the bill.
ASI has embraced the field of e-learning with the view that if we are going to do it, we are going to do it right.
- Record videos (with audio, of course) of our highly-regarded ASI Training Institute™ instructors so our clients can access the same ASI instructors online that they enjoy in the classroom.
- Allow our users to reach back and ask questions online to these instructors to the extent they have further questions after watching the video.
- Test the knowledge gained and allow opportunities for retesting.
- Inject lots of stories and real-life examples.
- Ensure that our e-learning courseware covers a wide range of topics relevant to program management, contracting, and being a Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- Continue to update our courseware as changes and new developments occur (as they always do!).
- Continue to build out new e-learning modules throughout the year so that our clients always have access to new learning opportunities.
- Make e-learning modules customizable, so that if an agency wants to leverage the modules we’ve created and add in agency-specific guidance, we can easily do that.
And that’s what we did.
In FY2012 alone, federal professionals earned more than 49,000 continuous learning points through our e-learning modules.
Our e-learning modules are accessible in multiple ways. Access our full suite of e-learning modules (85 and growing) through a subscription to Applied Learning Online™. Or have us customize modules directly for your organization. Learn how ASI can help you develop your own online learning curriculum.